What Fluid and How Much???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I was greasing my slip yoke this weekend and replacing the rear seal it has had a slow drip since I went to the steel driveline. Pulled the yoke and NO FLuid came out this is the first time I have had to work on a 4X4 so this is all new to me. After I got it all back together I have what sounds like a electric leaf blower:nono:. My fist thought was I turned the splines so I pulled D.L. again 2 time and it is good So i am thinking maybe just extremly low fluid can anyone give me a rundown of this process. Is it like changing the rear end oil?????? Thanks in Advance

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just use ATF fluid and it is the same idea as a rearend just fill and spill. On the backside of the t-case should see the 2 large plugs, bottom is to drain, top is to fill.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, So I drain it last night Less than half a Quart in there ( Damn PO) So I filled it up drained and filled it back up Hopefully I caught it in time.