Esky cluster Swap Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today i swapped an 99 esky cluster into my 97 x-cab c1500 with a 350 and now when i come to a stop the fuel gauge move a good 1/4 tank in either direction i'm guessing my old cluster had a buffer in it to accommodate the longer tank
any help in regard on how to make it stop doing this is greatly appreciated

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
idk but mine does the same thing with stock cluster and new sending unit (the common problem with the fuel gauges)

sixfive

Reaction score
^^^^ mine as well does the same thing with the stock cluster and so does a buddy of mines.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
right now i'm looking up schematics to see what different between the two and from what i can tell the esky uses the PCM to buffer the singal my 97 does not but that doesn't help because the two pcm are different and i don't have the time for my truck to be down to re pin to a 0411 or esky PCM

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe you're just noticing it more since it's a new cluster to you? :think:

When I put an Escalade cluster in my '99 Yukon, the thing I noticed was that when I filled up the tank, the gauge would only go to about 7/8 tank.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has any one tried GM Cure described in this service bulletin

Bulletin No.: 76-83-05

Date: September, 1997

Subject:
Excessive Fuel Gauge Fluctuation
(Install Fuel Level Damper Kit) Models:
1995-97 Chevrolet and GMC C/K 4 Door Utility Models Condition Some owners may comment about excessive fuel gauge needle fluctuation when making turns or braking with less than a half tank of fuel.

Correction

Install fuel level damper module kit P/N 12167652 following the procedure described on the instruction sheets included with the kit.

Parts Information

P/N Description Qty

12167652 Module Kit, Fuel Level Damper 1 Parts are currently available from GMSPO.

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Op Description Labor Time

N4844 Module, Anti-slosh - Install 0.8 hr

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a dumb question lol whats the difference in the escalade cluster and the stock one? Trying to find a pic of the swap but cant come up with anything yet.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a dumb question lol whats the difference in the escalade cluster and the stock one? Trying to find a pic of the swap but cant come up with anything yet.

Escalade cluster has white needles vs. the stock orange needles and goes to 120mph vs. the stock 100mph. The illumination color is also slightly different.