slow engagement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an 1988 k2500, 350, 700r4, 14bolt and I live in bc but it snowed the other day and I had to put my truck in 4wd it was slow to engage, the oil level is fine.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
how long did it take? all of our GMT400 4x4 used to take awhile to engage, Even though its a manual Transfer case, it still has a electric actuator.

Reaction score
The actuator's are sloooooooooooow as hell. There is a fix for them, I can't remember where I saw it but I will do some investigating.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
please excuse my ignorance but I'm curious how the transfer case works with the manual lever and electronic actuators and how that differs from the push button instatrac models.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
please excuse my ignorance but I'm curious how the transfer case works with the manual lever and electronic actuators and how that differs from the push button instatrac models.

The manual lever engages the transfer case. The actuator engages the front end. I'm sure its cheaper someplace else but at the bottom of the page of the link Ive posted there is a push\pull lever.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=128