4wd selector switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klittle1417

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to verify something I read once but can't find again. I had read that if the 4wd pushbutton switch messes up the truck will default to 4 high. Sounds odd to me.

The reason I ask is my 4wd switch doesn't always work. The light will flicker and it won't work until I tap the switch. I'm assuming there is something loose in the switch and I'm going to the scrap yard to get a replacement. They have a few trucks in decent shape to pick from.

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My light works when it wants to, but I've never had an issue with it changing the transfer case by itself. It works when I push the button to change it. As long as that is the only issue I have, then I'm not worried about mine. Maybe someone smarter than me will post up and let us know if this really is a big issue.

klittle1417

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So im looking for a replacmemt switch online and see Rockauto has the Dorman switch 901154. The description shows it is for the NP1 transfer case. I dont believe that is even a TC available on my 1997 truck. Is this the right part? It looks the same.