What you guys think? Was a clunk and now a rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razor1981

Reaction score
I just got my 97 about 4 months ago. Once winter actually came I noticed the transfer case would clunk pretty good when I put it in 4Hi (push button, rolling slowly). This morning I threw it into 4Hi, same clunk, but by the time I got to work i got this ratttle coming fromt the transfercase :uhoh2: while the truck is just sitting in park. Any of you guys ever have this, or have any ideas what kind of trouble I am in. Lil worried as my car is not back on the road yet and I need the truck to keep rollin :Frustrated:

Razor1981

Reaction score
On the way home it made just the normal noises, screw it, drive it till it breaks!!!

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GETRDONE! Just make sure its not damaging your transmission or your driveshaft in any way, check for leaks. Cause if the transfer case takes a dump its easier to just go on craigslist find one thats working out of a parted out truck and just replace it in my opinion like your thinking I guess.