Borg Warner 4401..... where are the drain and fill plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Ok, so I admit this sounds like a rather trivial question. I've looked at my transfer case, and I don't see them. I can find one plug. It's not all that high up the back of the case. I guess it could be the fill plug, but I that means that it really doesn't' have all that much fluid in it. I don't see any other plug.....maybe under the slid plate on the very bottom, for a drain?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Well it looks like that is the fill plug. The drain must be covered up by the skid plate and or crossmember, becasue I can't see it at all.

From drivetrain.com

You must be registered for see images attach

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is a couple years old but good info. Now I need to clean the tcase to see if the plugs are there

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I know this is a couple years old but good info. Now I need to clean the tcase to see if the plugs are there

That case is only used in 3500's, everything else got a 241 or 246 depending on electric or shifter.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I picked up a k3500 a few months back. Thanks for the quick response anyways. One reason I love this site