4x4 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently installed a 4x4 posi lok when my actuator went bad. It worked for a little bit and then decided to stop working. The indicator light stays lit the entire time it's engaged but front tires won't spin. Haven't really done much besides trying to adjust the cable for the posi lok. Just trying to gather some ideas on where to start, thanks

Aliraza149

Reaction score
with manual shift its mostly mechanical, very little is pcm controlled if you dont need the front diff, only thing pcm runs off of back there is vss i beleieve and if i remeember thats not even the same part of that harness.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If the light is on the front diff is engaged

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I put it in 4lo the other day without engaging the posi lok, so 2lo really but the transfer case def engaged. Is it possible to have something to do with a bad vss? As of now, my speedo and odometer aren't working but I wouldn't think that would effect anything else. I'm just trying to think of anything. I haven't tried locking the posi lok when I put the transfer case in low to see if the front tires will spin but idk if that will actually make a difference.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Try 4 lo maybe your linkage just needs adjusted

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try 4 lo maybe your linkage just needs adjusted

Tried 4lo, still no luck. Is it possible that even though the indicator light is lit, that the front may actually not be engaged all of the way but just enough for the light to trigger?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Maybe bug I know with my posi lok the light won't come on if it's only partly engaged it'll turn the light off

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The gears were redone a while back and after I installed the tears everything worked for a little bit then just stopped randomly. Hopefully the guy didn't screw something up