4 wheel drive help and questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
so....my 4wd stopped working actuator is good and it seems to go into each gear as supposed to. goes into hlo nuetral and 2 hi cant attest to 4hi because well 4wd doesnt work and the vehicle doesnt do anything differently. i have a spare tcase if need be but i just want to eliminate the issue being wiring. so does anyone have any ideas or something i should check because im lost? also in 4lo the tcase works properly and has lot more low end but if i spin it a bit it lets go of 4lo like just gives up dont really know how to explain that one. i guess if i can get the fronts to spin id retry to to see if thats an issue with the case but i cant as of right now.

OldGuy96

Reaction score
Did you check to see if the actuator is getting power? If it isn't, the actuator won't function even if it's good.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Stick a multimeter in your actuator hook up and see if your getting 12v

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
in the plug for the actuator i assume? pretty sure tcase is bad as well when i 4lo itll pop into nuetral, well it wont but itll stop moving and just free rev at higher rpms in 4lo