1992 K1500 wont go in 4 hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred92chev

Reaction score
It take like 10 seconds to lock in to 4 low when you push the lever forward but the 4 hi wont go in at all any more.

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my cousins 94 does the same thing. it wasnt the actuator. a waste of 80 bucks. theres a switch right above the actuator that screws in. theres a wire coming off of it. should be plugged into the same harness as the actuator. its called a 4 wheel drive indicator switch. id try that first.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. I repaced the actuator and now I have 4 low but not 4 hi. Theres also a switch on top of ur T-Case you can replace a swell.

bigred92chev

Reaction score
is it the one that is under the plastic case around your t case shift lever? or is it on the t case?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Also check out your shift linkage. Mine was too long so mine would go in 4 hi no problem but 4 low it would pop out so I ditched the stock linkage and made a custom one like my steering tie rod with a little heim joint on each end and one side reverse threaded so I would have to spin the rod to adjust the perfect length. Plus it's way stronger now.