transfer case not engaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I shift into 4wd and the lights come on but when I am in Drive and start to move the light will go out and I am in 2wd, is this the Actuator or wiring?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Check the wiring and see what you have for voltage at the connector should be right around 12 volts if it is its the actuatot if its not getting power check fuses and wireing

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I have similar issues, but mine is my transfer case rod needs adjusted. 4lo always works fine, but sometimes it won't shift all the way into 4hi. When i move, it pops back into 2wd. Is your issue in 4lo and 4hi or just one of the ranges?

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine won't shift into 4lo. It goes into 4hi no problem. I followed the instructions from the owners manual with no luck.

Any Suggestions?

Mr_Nationwide

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. There's no 4wd on hi or lo and lights won't come on.
I'm thinking the push buttons have to be replace and maybe the transfer case motor aswell.

cned86

Reaction score
My problem is that it wil shift to 4hi but not 4lo, i have changed the buttons but no differanse. I think maybe it is the " Tccm"?

Mr.C