4wd wiring question please help!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b0ss85

Reaction score
ok so im new to the site and had a wiring question on my 97 z71 350 ext cab. Im putting in a new underhood wiring harness and while unhooking the old harness off the bottom of the motor i noticed that there is a single brown wire that comes off the transfer case that was apparently never hooked up. Ive seen it sitting next to the fuse box under the hood but couldnt figure out what its for.I got the truck used and dont know what it is supposed to hook to. Anyone know where it goes? Thanks yall!

Tirebite

Reaction score
Not really a lot of info to go off of but if you can check your front diff for your ifs and see if the is a connector for the actuator still there. A lot of people in cold weather areas remove these to help engage the front wheels in cold weather. I know there is a brown wire in this connection. Previous owner may have upgrade the front or followed the DIY conversion and left this wire there. Not really sure at this point where it goes, but narrowing it down should not be that hard. Have you looked at http://search.ebscohost.com , username: student. Password: watc.
This is pretty much like all data. Good luck