Need some serious help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Rabbit

Reaction score
Okay first I don't know if this is exactly where this belongs, if not I apologize.... Okay some 4wd won't engage ! I've checked fuses, changed out the actuator, checked to make sure I have power tithe actuator and I do. Does anyone have any other ideas what it could be? When I hit the button to go from 2wd to 4hi or 4lo I can hear the t-case engaging but the lights on the buttons just blink on the 4lo and the 4hi just goes dark? Any ideas guys/girls I definitely need to get this fixed by Saturday cause they're calling for a snow storm here ... Thanks Rabbit

97Rabbit

Reaction score
That could cause it to totally not work? When I hit the button you can hear the transfer case engaging but the 4wd isn't working

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Try the switch. If not that it could be the transfer case motor. I changed my switch and actuator and it ended up being the transfer case motor

97Rabbit

Reaction score
Wheres the motor for the case at? I just rebuilt the case and didnt see one... thanks for all your help guys I appreciate it ill keep you updated!

97Rabbit

Reaction score
Okay I'm still lost here! I have power to my actuator, but the 4wd still isn't engaging!! I replaced the switch and still no luck... I've also tried 4 different actuators, but I have a ? Will it hurt the actuator to test it before you screw it in? Like hook up the wires to it and them engage it to make sure it works the screw it in?

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
Nope. By all means, hold it, plug it in, and make sure it is actuating.

To answer your question from earlier, this is what the motor looks like. The face visible in this picture is actually the face that bolts to the transfer case, not the best help.
You must be registered for see images attach