T case, will it fit? 4l80e to nv3500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
From what I've gathered:
the manual transmission and 4l80e use the same 32 spline input?
The newer t case uses a 3 wire switch vs the older 2 wire switch?
The newer style actuator uses a motor vs the older thermal actuator?

I think my transfer case has the wrong tag, since it says "np231c".
The transmission tail shaft is a 6 bolt circular pattern.
The 231 was used in the s series (blazer,Sonoma, s10 and jimmy)
The 241 was used in the fullsize trucks.

The s10 has a passenger side drop transfer case, while the full size is a drivers side drop. How could it be a 231 since mine is drivers side drop and the driveshaft lines up perfectly with the front diff?

I bought the truck with the front driveshaft out (yeah, I know... Stupid me, but I fell in love) the po said it was because they lost the u joints... :crazy: I knew that wasn't the case, but I bought it anyways, so that's on me. It's time to fix it now.

I have a np241 that is currently mated to a 98 4l80e, from a 2500.

Will it fit? Everything says it should, Both being 32 spline.
It has the same style front output as mine, strap style, not flange. that shouldn't be a problem, worst case senecio is another ******* u joint.

We're different rear outputs used for the rear driveshaft? Or should my stock driveshaft fit?

What will i have to do to wire it up where I'm currently using a 2 wire switch, and it's a 3 wire style? I will need a pigtail for it.

What wiring will i need to do to convert to the newer style actuator?

Will it use the same vss?

Any info will be greatly appreciated! :cheers:

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem brotha just lookin out for a fellow 5 speed runner! And now my nv3500 destroyed it self.. Input shaft = trash. So now I'm runnin a sm465 till I can get t hands on a nv4500

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
No problem brotha just lookin out for a fellow 5 speed runner! And now my nv3500 destroyed it self.. Input shaft = trash. So now I'm runnin a sm465 till I can get t hands on a nv4500

How ya liking be sm465? Is it killin your mileage?

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
231 and 241 are both offered in d I've and passenger drop. Also the BW case is offered the same. They were used in 87-91 V series 3500's.

Source Unknown

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate it truthfully mileage is about same but its noisy shifts horribly and the list goes on found a nv4500 will swap soon