Trying to get front driveshaft off of transfer case...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1994 K1500, 5.7L 350

I can't get my front driveshaft out. I've got it disconnected from the front differential but I can't get it apart at the rear, with the two large couplings held together by 4 bolts, connected to the transfer case. I've got the bolts out, but the thing still won't budge. I've tried using a hammer and large screwdriver to wedge the two pieces apart but nothing.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bigger hammer.... If I remember right, there are 2 locating pins that kinda rust the 2 halves together

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Soak in pb blaster over night and beat the living hell out of the u joint caps. They are going to need replaced anyways. And the straps for the u join are like $8 so if you ruin them, no biggie. So pb and a BFH will do the truck.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
And what transfer case do you have? I thought the np241 used a bolt on flange at the front of the transfer case?

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got it out, I had the front driveshaft hanging from the "flanges" and all I did was bounce the driveshaft up and down and it popped right off!

Not sure what transfer case I have, must be an NP241.