need help identifying a part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
http://www.manualtransmissionpart.com/mm5/graphics/pdf/np243-2012.pdf

part 440, does anyone know what this part is and what does it do?

im not getting power to my front axles actuator, so i pulled the entire harness for the 4x4 and using a multimeter found out that the connecto for the 4x4 actuator actually has a wire that runs to this part so im assuming my 4x4 problems are linked to this part but i have no idea what this part is or what it does, any help would be awesome

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Almost sure it's a 4X4 indicator light switch.
Does it look like this? The pdf won't blow up big enough on my phone to tell.
You must be registered for see images attach

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it may be the same part i had to replace on mine, NAPA has it listed as a transfer case select switch, they come in 2 wire and 3 wire. it didn't work, so i bought one from AutoZone, listed as a transfer case switch, that worked just fine, they may have to order it, but make sure to take the old one with you to make sure it matches, cause i think there are 4 or 5 different ones for our trucks, supposedly because of the different cases used

its purpose is to move the little ball in the bottom to transfer power to the front actuator, ball moves when placed in 4 HI or 4 LO

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
well thats awesome, but its only the beginning of my problems, i jumped the actuator by running a couple of wires to my battery just to try it out and found out the what i replaced my rear end about a year ago, i accidentally bought a 4.10 from the junk yard instead of a 3.73, so i either have to buy another rearend or change the ratio in the rearend

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
Not sure how much of a fan I'm am of 4.10. 90% of the time I'm on the highway and I dont tow. Plus the rearend is easier to work on. I think im eventually going to by a ring gear and pinion gear for it and swap them out. but early next year i have my sights set on a gto. So I'm just going to wait until I have a second vehicle so it can be done with no time rush