I'm Gettin Fog Lights!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Good scoop! Especially for NOS!
A tip! If they have the glass lense, DO NOT run an incandescent more than 55w. The lenses will shatter from the heat!
How do I know this? Hmmm! (Ooops!)
HID's should be fine.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Good scoop! Especially for NOS!
A tip! If they have the glass lense, DO NOT run an incandescent more than 55w. The lenses will shatter from the heat!
How do I know this? Hmmm! (Ooops!)
HID's should be fine.

Especially since I got them for only $20! That's why I jumped on them so quick. I don't mind aftermarket, but if I can get original GM for cheap, I'll do that every time. Just seems like a cleaner way to do things.

Thanks for the tip about wattage. What do you think about 55w HID's? Don't HID's run hotter than normal incandescents. These say they're for halogens, so I might just stick with that.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Especially since I got them for only $20! That's why I jumped on them so quick. I don't mind aftermarket, but if I can get original GM for cheap, I'll do that every time. Just seems like a cleaner way to do things.

Thanks for the tip about wattage. What do you think about 55w HID's? Don't HID's run hotter than normal incandescents. These say they're for halogens, so I might just stick with that.

I think 35w 4500k-6000k would be good enough, IMO. In those little housings 55w would be too focused.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I think 35w 4500k-6000k would be good enough, IMO. In those little housings 55w would be too focused.

Yeah, I agree. I want to check with Baron just to make sure he doesn't think there would be an issue. He's kind of the lighting guru round here.

I'll get pics posted as soon as I can. Just need to find some time to get these projects done. I have to fabricate my own brackets for them, but that shouldn't be too tough.

Hey Joseph, in your sig where it says "My hand-built muscle truck.", you should make that into a link for your truck. That's actually what I thought it was. Kind of like what I did where it says "The Yukon" in mine. If you need help, I can show you how to do that.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I want to check with Baron just to make sure he doesn't think there would be an issue. He's kind of the lighting guru round here.

I'll get pics posted as soon as I can. Just need to find some time to get these projects done. I have to fabricate my own brackets for them, but that shouldn't be too tough.

Hey Joseph, in your sig where it says "My hand-built muscle truck.", you should make that into a link for your truck. That's actually what I thought it was. Kind of like what I did where it says "The Yukon" in mine. If you need help, I can show you how to do that.

Haha thats a great idea man, but i dont have much of a build thread or any threads dedicated to it, other than the motor build.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
HIDs WILL NOT fit inside those housings, I had ones similar to those kicking around here and the HID bulb is just too long to fit inside the housings. Otherwise nice score!