Slip Yoke Eliminator for a 243?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FUNINMUD

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found JB Conversions who offer a SYE for the 243. Can keep the stock speedo housing and then choose either a 1310 CV yoke, 1350 Non CV yoke or the 1350 Rear Output Flange. Just wondering if anyone has bought one of their kits or can you recommend someone else who sells one?

When I had my jeep a CV shaft was required due to being so short, on my reg cab long box with 7" of lift I don't think i'll need a CV shaft so either of the other 2 options would work. Opinions on which to go with?

Thanks

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
youll need some sort of slip joint. doesnt matter what. ill be running a crazy combination on my driveshafts, i have unlimited parts at cost at my finger tips. link to one of their kits?

FUNINMUD

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, the idea of a slip yoke eliminator is to eliminate the slip yoke on the t-case. You then just build a d-shaft that does the slipping action.

Here is an example,
You must be registered for see images attach

Top shaft would be your stock shaft. Lower one is the type you would run after doing a SYE.

While wheeling my truck in the past never broke a rear shaft however I found out how nice they are when I had my rubicon jeep. Broke a rear shaft and was able to exit the trail with only the front end. Didn't loose any oil nor contaminate the t-case as it was still sealed.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ive heard of jeeps doing that never trucks. if youd like to spend 2-300 bucks on just a new driveshaft plus the cost of that part then be my guest but i dont think youd have an issue with the slip yoke. i build driveshafts all day long, and i know the prices of a good driveshaft, it just doesnt seem to outwiegh the cost ive seen many jeeps throw them out but with all the gmt400s ive been around ive never seen one of them do that.

FUNINMUD

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd never had an issue before when running my truck however I did like the feature of it on my jeep when it did actually come in handy.
Could do the swap and never break anything, then again might not and then it does break. Not sure what I will do but options are out there. Was curious is anyone did use such an item on their trucks but I guess not.