Swapped in an np241 in place of an np243, now issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post on the site.

I have 96 gmc K2500 diesel with an np243 t case push button actuated, i just swapped in an np241 t case from a 99 suburban k2500 diesel.

I disconnected the TCCM and push button, plugged in the VSS and switch on the t case and while driving, the speedometer is way off. I think its only displaying half my actual speed. The truck will not shift until around 2500rpms and when it does shift it slams into gear real bad. also im not getting the torque converter to lock up.

Im totally lost on what to do next, as far as i know the sensors are good, (tried both from both t cases and no difference) the wires all appear to be good.

I replaced the thermo actuator for the front diff with a cable posi lock. I can shift to 4hi and it works but i shift into 4lo and the front wheels dont engage but truck is in 4lo for sure.

Any help would be great, need to get my truck going real soon its my daily driver. Thanks guys have a great day.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good. What was the problem?

The only issue I fixed was the 4lo, it works now. Just had to ground out the number 3 wire on the tccm plug.

I still have yet to fix the shifting and speedo issues. Goes to the mechanic on Monday. We both believe it has to do with the relucter gear in the t case tail housing .

Will keep posted on new developments. Thanks for the suggestions guys.