front axle engagement switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okiemudslinger

Son's BEAST
Reaction score
OK I have a 95 Tahoe that some in its life changed out the automatic transmission to a NV4500 and a NP241 transfer case which the TC is what was in it in think but they put a switch laying on the front to engage the front axle which does not engage. I have check for power at the switch and do not have any at any time with or with out the TC in 4 wheel drive or not. Looking at wiring diagrams it looks like the front axle has a two wire plug. A blue wire and a black the switch they have wired up has a brown, blue, and a gry/blk. I have read on here and other sites the front could have three wires. I have not been able to get under truck to look at the actuator yet. but I just try to find when and what wires should be hot.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK I have a 95 Tahoe that some in its life changed out the automatic transmission to a NV4500 and a NP241 transfer case which the TC is what was in it in think but they put a switch laying on the front to engage the front axle which does not engage. I have check for power at the switch and do not have any at any time with or with out the TC in 4 wheel drive or not. Looking at wiring diagrams it looks like the front axle has a two wire plug. A blue wire and a black the switch they have wired up has a brown, blue, and a gry/blk. I have read on here and other sites the front could have three wires. I have not been able to get under truck to look at the actuator yet. but I just try to find when and what wires should be hot.

Sounds to me like they swapped to the better servo style actuator and rigged up the wiring........