Transmission Compatibility Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Any help would be appreciated.
I have a 98 chevy z71 with the 5.7 vortec, auto 4L60e trans and a NP 243 transfer case. The trans and transfer case are shot. I picked up a 4L60e transmission and 243 transfer case from a 4wd 97 Tahoe. The first question I have is are the electronics going to be compatible? Shift points, speed sensors, etc. If not, how can I make it work? My other question has to do with the bellhousings. The one on my 98 has the newer bellhousing with the small round access hole and the 97 Tahoe replacement I got has the older style bellhousing like a 700r4 that has a removable dust/access cover, which didn't come with the transmission. Will there be any problems mounting the older style to my motor and will the starter bolt right up if I get the removable dust/access cover? One other question, will there be any issues with the flywheel matching up to the torque converter?

Thank you for the help!