241 front flange swap issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so my t case as the yoke on the front and i got the flat flange from a 90 burb and shaft for my sas. when swaping over the flange it looks like it is not seating all the way on. they are both the short flanges. one thing i noticed was the yoke the last say 3/8" of splines are flat and the flat one is not. it appears that the flat flange is not going all the way on or maybe im wrong i dont remmeber how much it was before. i can also move the flange forward and back but the whole shaft moves, again could have been that way before.

will the flang i got work or do i have to come up with some otherr way to get 4wd.

this is what the stock one loks like. could that be why the older flange wont seat properly and is leaking fluid
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no one else has run into this issue?

yoke i removed
You must be registered for see images attach

flat spot in splines

flat flange i put on. doesnt seem all the way on

Last edited:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
never updated but got the other flange machined like the stock one and havent had an issue since then. its nice having solid axle and 4wd but that will be short lived when i get the gears and locker in the rear