241c transfer case,did I F up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7thgenmt

Reaction score
Long story short bought a used 241c to replace a destroyed one in my 99 1500 suburban,4l60e trans,floor shift.The t case looked like the case had leaks so i split it open and replaced all the seals.After reinstall it will sometimes grind when I take off from a standstill,wont do it in 4wd.I inspected the internals pretty well when I tore into it and everything seemed perfect,pads,bearings,ect.Im afraid I may have misplaced one of the final snap rings on the shaft,cant remember if I put that last snap ring on before or after the last bearing.I have looked at several diagrams of this t case but cant find one accurate enough to say where it should have been.Im sure someone here has seen this before so I thought I would ask,where does the last snap ring on the haft go?I found several threads about similar noises and tons of solutions but nothing about it being mis-assembled.Any help appreciated Thanx

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Post up pics of where exactly ur talking about bro. I just rebuilt mine last week and its really really straight forward. Gotta be something simple u over looked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2