Cracked Transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
the transfer case has a huge crack in it, pretty sure it's been there the whole time I've had it because I've never seen it leak at all. Went to put fluid in it today and it ran straight out the bottom, idk how long its been empty for. It's on the back of the case and to me it looks like I can just take the back cover off and put some JB weld on both sides. Any advice to what you guys would do or how to take the back cover off
You must be registered for see images attach

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you ran the tcase any amount at all with no fluid in it, chances are very good that it is toasted inside. Not worth trying to fix that crack then.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
alrightits the np243 c is there any bolt in transfer case thats tougher than that one that i should look for?

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my t case on saturday from a local junk yard only coat me $100 +$12 for fliud. Cheap fix anyway.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its not hard at all. Just time consuming. The bolts for the adapter to the tranny are the hardest part. The only reason they are hard is you have to use a wratchet wrench which I only got 2 clicks at a time. So its a slow process. Stubby wrenches would probly work alot better but I dont have any. The only other PITA is findibg the gasket that goes between the T case and adapter. I just used Permatex atf silicon. Because I couldnt find the gasket anywhere on saturday.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Its not hard at all. Just time consuming. The bolts for the adapter to the tranny are the hardest part. The only reason they are hard is you have to use a wratchet wrench which I only got 2 clicks at a time. So its a slow process. Stubby wrenches would probly work alot better but I dont have any. The only other PITA is findibg the gasket that goes between the T case and adapter. I just used Permatex atf silicon. Because I couldnt find the gasket anywhere on saturday.

do you got a link to that gasket?