ok,, new question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i posted about my front diff and what all will fit my truck,,,, today while coming up my drive way after getting stuck for a little while,,, my truck didnt want to go into 4wd,, i had to stop and back up for it to kick in,,, as i went up my drive way it made the normal noise, (what i thought was my front diff),,, when i parked the truck in my drive way fluid started running out of my transfer case... i crawled under the truck to see where it was coming from,,, i noticed that the new u joint i just put on was blow apart and the liquid is coming from the bottom of the case,,,

my question is,, what all transfer cases will fit my truck???,, 4l80e trans

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
will one out of a 98 3500 6.5l manual truck work????

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Floor shift or Push button?

Basically any t-case behind a GMT400 4L80E with the same shifting method as yours will work.

I think there is one model that has a different pulse speed sensor, but I can't honestly remember. Even if it does, you can always switch sensors.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine a push button,,,, can you switch a floor shift to a push button??

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how did you find that,,, lol,, ive looked all over and didnt find one,,, thats only about 3 hours away,,, im going to call around tomorrow to see what i can find if nothing comes up ill call this guy...

thanks!!

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my bad,, i just mapped greenville,, and it showed me one in pa... lol,,, SC is a bit far,, lol

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok,, so i have been calling around to find a transfer case for my truck with no luck,,, the yard i just got off the phone with told me that it has to be out of a diesel truck,, and he said that he is surprised to hear that my diesel has an auto trany in it,,, said its pretty rare,,,,, lol,, i dunno i got a kick out of it,,,,

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not that rare, I've seen more 6.5l with an auto than a manual.

as long as you find a 32 spline caseyou'll be all set. the manual is a 29 spline I believe.