88 k1500 no power to any wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
hey guys! new to this forum today and unfortunately i have a huge problem. A few weeks ago i was driving and my driveshaft yoke became lodged in the transfer case output shaft housing and tore it clean off... so i bought a used case (checked the tags and its the same case {np241c} with the same 2.72 ratio) and put it in but now i have no power to the wheels. My transmission shifts into gear correctly but even in 2wd it won't drive the rear wheels and in 4wd drive none of the wheels are getting power. And when i try to put it back into park while the truck is running it grinds terribly. Anybody have any ideas? I need all the help i can get because i'm out of ideas! thanks in advance!

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
are you sure the linkage is right it could be a tad off not letting the transfer go into gear properly

Reaction score
positive i also tried taking the linkage off and moved it through the gears with a crescent wrench but still no go.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
only thing that would be is the transfer case and trans arent aligning properly so one is in nuetral and you dont even know it. either that or your tcase is shot, but id think youd hear some clever noises coming from it.

Reaction score
hmm... so how do i get them to align correctly? and its a possibility that its shot, but i kinda doubt it since i had it out and ran it through the gears and everything that should have been moving in each gear was moving correctly. also any ideas on why the front wheels wouldn't spin? if i turn the rear driveshaft by hand when its in 4wd it will move the front shaft and rear tires but the front tires won't move... thought it was an actuator and put a new one in but it didn't help!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
so in 4wd you turn the rear driveshaft and the fronts dont turn? you said you had the tcase out? did you put it back together correctly? sounds like the gears to your fronts arent engaging. could it possibly some of those connectors on your diff?

Reaction score
yep the front wheels don't turn so its definitely a possibility that it could be the connectors, but unfortunately i have limited knowledge of the front diff. and yeah i'm sure i put it back together correctly.. i even pulled it out and put it back in again to double check and to check over the tcase

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im no expert on the plugs either. maybe a ground? i have limited electrical experience and each time its something dumb like a ground not put back on. etc etc.

Reaction score
i'm not either but i'm positive the main problem with no driving power to the rear wheels isn't electical lol