Poping noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This morning I was wheelin and I had to put in 4lo and when I did, there was a popping sound when I would let the clutch out and after about 30 seconds it would pop out of 4lo. Any body have any idea what's wrong?

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What it does is when u shift into 4lo and start to move it sounds like something is trying to catch and then it will slip into neutral

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took the truck wheelin again after school, and 4hi works but 4lo still doesn't, it acting like it not getting into gear all the way but the shifter is all the way forward, I think something shifted and it's moved my tcase, am I right? Or what else could it be?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
take off the rear driveshaft and remove the tailshaft cover, check for the clip on the output shaft against the bearing, it sounds like yours may have had the common failure, $1.50 at the dealer for a new clip

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Took the truck wheelin again after school, and 4hi works but 4lo still doesn't, it acting like it not getting into gear all the way but the shifter is all the way forward, I think something shifted and it's moved my tcase, am I right? Or what else could it be?

Check under there to see if you can visibly spot something awry. Could be the shift linkage bent.. I'd take these other guys advice over mine though.

take off the rear driveshaft and remove the tailshaft cover, check for the clip on the output shaft against the bearing, it sounds like yours may have had the common failure, $1.50 at the dealer for a new clip

This is the same clip that "clicks" when driving correct? Would it cause for lengthy wait-times while engaging 4L/4Hi?