Hello all, I new and need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gator101

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new here but I still need help with my 98 Tahoe. A month ago I was driving down the road when my vent tube came of o my transmission- 4L60E with NP 243 transfer case. When it come off somehow the hose got tangled up in the wiring to my transfer case and ripped all the wires to everything. O2 sensors, transfer case, transmission etc. Got it home while in limp mode on the transmission, when got it home the shifter cable was broken and zero oil pressure. While looking under the truck I almost lost my mind... All the wiring was wrapped around the front driveshaft. I started by dis engaging all the wires that were wrapped up and trying to see what caused the mess. I went to a salvage yard and picked up a pig tail to connect the transmission. Once I did this, and got most of the connections redone there was a few that I couldn't figure out... 3 o2 sensor connectors aren't connected and a plug to the transfer case with 6 wires. I was then pegged with the oil pressure switch, zero oil pressure. I was thinking that they are all connected but I don't know about where I need to start. I just got done putting the new shifter cable back in and cranked up again with still no oil pressure and the transfer case is stuck in 4 wheel drive. I really need help cause can't drive my truck or should I say my wife doesn't like my camaro and I have to take her to and from work. Thanks in advance for any help...

Gator

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking quickest and easiest will be getting the whole harness from the junk yard and starting fresh.

Sent from somewhere in MN

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking quickest and easiest will be getting the whole harness from the junk yard and starting fresh.

Sent from somewhere in MN

I agree with this. If it wrapped around the driveshaft there is no telling where the wires pulled loose/broke at. It could be anywhere. I would be hitting a yard looking for a similar truck to get the harness from

Gator101

Reaction score
Thanks for the information however, I've covered most of the yards in my area and was able to locate a pigtail section and got most of it reconnected and the only things left is the zero oil pressure and locked in 4 wheel drive. Not to mention the o2 sensors. With that said my computer is now making my fuel mixtures all out of whack and check engine light and trouble code po 300. Misfire and heavy exhaust fumes are too much to bare. I figured that if I can get the o2 sensor and transfer case plug wiring issue fixed then I can put my truck back on the road. I will get some pics tomorrow to show you guys what I have to work with. I couldn't find anything online in reference to diagrams even close to what I have got to work with. GRRRRR!!!! About 3 weeks prior to this mess I found wires hanging down and tied them up and I guess I should have let the hang down. I replaced transmission, transfer case X2 and rear end. My daughter told me a week back that I need t get rid of it and I told her I just couldn't get rid of it. It has 246k and still runs good just a few issues before all this I used it to haul anything with it on my trailer and wife to drive it to work. Missing my Tahoe!!! Thanks again...

Gator