NP243 Shift Motor Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra Grande

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post...

I've got some questions about the shift motor housing on my '00 K2500. I recently pulled the motor housing off to fix an oil leak(s) between it and the t-case. But when I pulled the wiring connectors off to remove it, trans fluid ran out of where they plugged in. The main question I have is, is the motor housing supposed to be full of oil from the t-case or should it be sealed off with grease in it? There were two o-rings between the housing and the t-case...one smaller o-ring on the shifting/fork shaft and one larger o-ring in a recess on the back of the motor housing. This makes me think it's maybe supposed to be sealed off and lubed separately. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sierra Grande

Reaction score
Hmm...ok, thanks. Must have had a bad or misplaced inner o-ring. Any suggestions on a type of grease to fill it with? I would think something relatively light? I'm just trying to rebuild/reseal it instead of shelling out $100 or so for a replacement motor assembly.