NP241 Floor Shift - STUCK! in 4-Lo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Shift linkage is completely jammed, bound, stuck, pinched, whatever word you can imagine, this thing doesn't want to move..

School me on what might be binding up?! The linkage itself is slightly bent/curved.

Could I try a BFH and a 2x4? Don't want to screw up the internals, thinking shift forks in need of replacing? maybe its just sticky because of the 8 months of sitting? Finally going to be driving this thing later today.. if I can get this t-case shifting.. or atleast into 2H

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
94 had aluminum shift forks with replaceable wear pads, i bet your wore through a fork and jammed it up, 88-92 cases had stamped steel forks that did not wear as easy but liked to bend.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Wouldn't believe it but I had removed the shift linkage and replaced it on the transfer case backwards.. doh. Mechanic pulled t-case apart before he realized.. (no extra charge) but a free check up as everything internal seemed to be spot on. Truck shall be back on the road in the morning! Woo

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
ahh it was on the wrong side of the arm so it would hit the case, glad it was something simple