case question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
does anyone know which transfer case the all wheel drive astro vans had. I was just thinking about what could be done to take to transfer case 7 all wheel drive astro van and putting it in my full size silverado to make a full size silverado all wheel drive all the time

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
does anyone know which transfer case the all wheel drive astro vans had. I was just thinking about what could be done to take to transfer case 7 all wheel drive astro van and putting it in my full size silverado to make a full size silverado all wheel drive all the time

borg warner 4472

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
To go with all wheel drive. And because astro vans are the most common car in the junkyards and no one takes parts off kf them when the have alot of parts that fit gmt400s. So it'd be the cheapest way to convert

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
To go with all wheel drive. And because astro vans are the most common car in the junkyards and no one takes parts off kf them when the have alot of parts that fit gmt400s. So it'd be the cheapest way to convert

what performance value do you think you will get from the conversion?

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
All wheel drive Never have a traction issue in any condition. Staying on the road on louisiana roads during one of its retarded rain storms can be tricky

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I recall many years ago, Chevrolet Performance Division had a lowered extended cab street 'mule' that had AWD, and a 650 HP BBC for power to test the durability and possibility of offering it as a performance package.

Not sure what magazine it was in, either Car Craft, Hot Rod, or Street Truck.... I will have a quick look to see if I can find the article, but there are boxes of magazines to go through. I don't recall if they used the T-Case from the Astro or the Syclone / Typhoon. I do recall the article stating that there was a viscous coupler in the system though.