4x4 Manual floor stick to push button?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would you need to convert from floor shifter to push button 4x4. I'm guessing you'd need the button and wiring harness, and the electronic transfer case. Anything else?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also If you don't mind me asking.......

Why? Most guys want to go from push button to floor shifter, not the other way

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also If you don't mind me asking.......

Why? Most guys want to go from push button to floor shifter, not the other way

Ya if there is one thing my truck doesn't have that I would like it would be floor shift instead of button :rofl:

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
the electronics break, and thats not fun, the actuators go out, fuses, plug/wire issues. 4x4 on the floor just works, unless you only have a left arm then it kinda would suck, or if you wanted a full length center console.

you'd be best ti find a scrap truck and yank out everything from there.

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Floor shift, as alluded to, still needs the shift position sensor on the case to work as well as the actuator on the diff to give you 4wd.

Push button simply adds a switch and encoder motor on the t-case to fail in addition to the other common items.

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A common issue with floor shifters is the grinding from N -> 4 LO because you're not fast enough. Mine always grinds a little and I figure if I got push button, no grinds and it's much simpler to engage 4wd. Things may go wrong but I still like the button more than floor stick, I have the money to fix anything that goes wrong along the way..