won't lock into 4low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up my Yukon yesterday. Going through it to see what needs tinkering. It's my first push button transfer vehicle though. When I push the 4hi button it flashes then goes solid on the light. Now when I push the 4 lo button is just flashes then reverts back to 4hi this is all while sitting still.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Yukon yesterday. Going through it to see what needs tinkering. It's my first push button transfer vehicle though. When I push the 4hi button it flashes then goes solid on the light. Now when I push the 4 lo button is just flashes then reverts back to 4hi this is all while sitting still.

You have to shift trans to neutral

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

ridinhigh98

Reaction score
Same problem with 99 tahoe. Will keep a eye on this thread. Does yours have the service 4wd light on? I hooked it up to the scan tool and it said something like low signal voltage. My 4 hi works great. I think it could be the switch in the truck thats gone bad on mine.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I will keep an eye as well only my four lo works and I have changed my actuator and push button.

BoominSVX

Reaction score
Any update on this?

I would like know also. Just replaced the encoder motor twice (1 used and 1 new) and swapped the tccm with a good one. Swapped switches with my other truck as well. I can hear the front actuator moving every time, but still no 4lo. Just reverts back to 4hi. Everything else works. Did you guys ever find the answer. All I have left is the detent switch on top. Going there next. Service 4wd light has been on a long time with C0323 and C0327. That's why I went for the motor first.

Edit: Just pulled the front actuator to check for full motion. It looked fine. Started screwing it back in and got right to the point where the body was about the touch the front diff.... SNAP.... *****' Hell!

Last edited: