Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I just replaced the factory 5/1 leaf springs rated at 2200# with their 5/1 pack rated at 3000#. That raised the rear of the truck 3” and ride is much stiffer. Had to remove the lift blocks as it extended the shocks too much and to get back level. Haven’t towed the camper yet to assess loaded ride. 3300#’s might jar your teeth unloaded
yeah it might be a bit over kill the K-3500 pulls a 35ft 5th wheel and a 20ft car hauler K-2500 is just a project but want it to be able to both work and play hard they have 6/1 packs I do not think a small upgrade would hurt to much that 1 ton rides a lot nicer then it has any right to I do not think that the ride would change that much

Piratehunter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah it might be a bit over kill the K-3500 pulls a 35ft 5th wheel and a 20ft car hauler K-2500 is just a project but want it to be able to both work and play hard they have 6/1 packs I do not think a small upgrade would hurt to much that 1 ton rides a lot nicer then it has any right to I do not think that the ride would change that much
I was surprised by the added ride height. I got all new bolts and u-bolts from them too, then had to remove the blocks and buy shorter u-bolts. Shipping cost was pretty steep. They are going to weigh about 150# each.