Confirmed brake bleeding scan tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Still gotta mess with it guys so sorry.. lifeeeee friggin lifeeeee
So I just messed with it tonight.. I don’t currently have a truck to test it on right now. My new 93 is all apart. Once I get things back together I’m gonna have to bleed things anyway so it’ll be a good test.

Does anyone here have good knowledge of these scan tools? One of the pins on the main data connection (the 16 pin) is broken / bent. I want to know if that’s even used. I know in some serial connections, certain pins aren’t used. Hopefully this one isn’t used..

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I just messed with it tonight.. I don’t currently have a truck to test it on right now. My new 93 is all apart. Once I get things back together I’m gonna have to bleed things anyway so it’ll be a good test.

Does anyone here have good knowledge of these scan tools? One of the pins on the main data connection (the 16 pin) is broken / bent. I want to know if that’s even used. I know in some serial connections, certain pins aren’t used. Hopefully this one isn’t used..
FSM should have a pinout that tell you exactly what every pin is used for. That would be the only place I trust for info like that.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
FSM should have a pinout that tell you exactly what every pin is used for. That would be the only place I trust for info like that.
For the truck or actual scan tool? I’m talking about the scan tool connections. :)

cdone

Reaction score
Good news on the EBC4: It seems that with a working pump (no codes), no scan tool is actually needed to cycle the pump.

I just plumbed in my new wrecking yard unit last night, hooked up wires and batt today. Turn key to run, wait for ABS light to turn off, jump terminals A+H on the ALDL connector under the dash.

I hooked up a remote starter switch to the terminals so I could listen better under the hold... hold switch for ~2s and pump cycles (and ABS light starts flashing any codes on dash. 12-15 are all OK). I did NOT have to cycle the ignition off and back on to repeat. Just hold switch for 2s, let go for a few, repeat. So with that and the valve holder tools previously mentioned, it should be possible to do everything we need on this ABS unit, assuming it's functional.

Edit: this is on my '94 K1500 Suburban. I think the pump came from a '93 C1500 Suburban, but not entirely sure. It flashes a code 12 on start which indicates 2WD.