'97 Steering Gearbox Replacement Guidance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my issue was that the pitman arm was hitting the drag link and tricking me into thinking travel was uneven. I got everything back together today. I was about 2 splines off from center, but driving the truck and making corrections helped dial it in. Steering is much nicer, although not perfect. I saw a torn ball joint boot, looks over greased, so I anticipate other steering parts in my future.
Any slop on the input side? Mine has some slop in it. Borgeson quit answering my emails. Going to try and adjust, see how it is, then warranty it.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Borgeson quit answering my emails.
I’d send them an email pointing out that since they have no answers, you’ll have to assume their product is faulty. And you expect them to send a return shipping label immediately. If they don’t respond to that, contact your credit card company. F them!! That’s a serious safety issue.