2wd obs 5 lug to 8 lug swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
from my experience in my 8 lug Yukon. the upper control arms are confirmed to have a different width.
I'm attempting to swap just the ball joints in the upper arms and hoping it works out.
my application is a 4x4 so that may have an effect on things.
2WD vs. 4WD. They are very different. Have already posted from direct experience that 2WD upper control arms are all the same width 1500-2500-3500.

When it was mentioned earlier in the thread about width, I believe (but not certain) what they were wondering about was track width. (C1500-C3500 are the same track width btw, as all use the same stamped LCA)

What you're seeing on your 4WD is that the width between bushings is greater. On a 2WD this is not the case - you can swap forged upper control arms from an 8lug C2500 or C3500 right into a C1500. The ball joint stud is larger so it won't go into a C1500 spindle.. so further mods are needed.

Richard